Refund & Cancellation Policy
Effective as of: August 1st, 2021
These terms and conditions designate Shuswap Lake Travel Holdings LTD’s obligations for refunds (“Guest Refund Policy”) and the responsibilities of the Host associated with the Refund Policy. The Refund Policy applies in addition to Shuswap Lake Travel Holdings Terms and Conditions (“Terms & Conditions”). The Guest Refund Policy is available to Guests who book and pay for an Accommodation through the platform. The Guest’s rights under this Guest Refund Policy will supersede the Host’s cancellation policy.
1. Refunds for Cancellations
Refunds are eligible for cancellations if they meet any one of the following conditions;
– Free cancellation as long as the guest cancels at least 14 days before check-in (time shown in the confirmation email.)
– Guests can contact support for Free cancellation for up to 24 hours after order was made, up to 7 days before check-in.
– Guests can contact support to cancel up to 7 days before check-in and get a 50% refund of the nightly rate, and the cleaning fee, but not the service fee
– If the guest cancels less than 7 days in advance or decides to leave early after check-in, the nights not spent are not refunded.
2. Guest Concerns
An eligible “Guest Concern” for refunds means any one of the following:
(a) the Host of the Accommodation fails to provide the Guest with access the Accommodation (EXAMPLE: doesn’t provide the keys / code).
(b) the Listing’s description of the Accommodation is shown inaccurate with respect to:
- the size of the Accommodation (e.g., number and size of the bedroom, bathroom),
- special amenities or features represented in the Listing are not provided or do not function, such as bathrooms (toilet/shower/bathtub), kitchen (sink/stove/refrigerator or major other appliances), and electrical, heating or air conditioning systems, or
- the physical location of the Accommodation (proximity).
(c) at the beginning of the Guest’s booking, the Accommodation: (i) is not in a general state of cleanliness (including unclean bedding and/or bathroom towels); (ii) contains safety or health hazards that would be conceivable to negatively affect the Guest’s stay at the Accommodation, in our discretion (iii) has vermin, pests, or contains pets not disclosed in the Listing.
3. Guest Refund Policy
The policy applies as follows:
Up to 24 hours after check-in. If you report a Travel Issue up to 24 hours after check-in, we agree, at our discretion, to either (i) reimburse you the amount paid by you through the Platform (“Total Fees”), or (ii) use our reasonable efforts to help you find and book for any unused nights left in your booking another Accommodation which is reasonably comparable to or better than the Accommodation described in your original booking in terms of size, rooms, features and quality. Shuswap Lake Travel Holdings LTD shall decide if an issue reported by a Guest qualifies as a Travel Issue, if to reimburse or rebook a Guest who suffers an eligible guest concern, and if an alternate Accommodation is comparable or better. Concerns reported after 24 hours will carry less weight than reports submitted within 24 hours of checkin time.
Shuswap Lake Travel Holdings LTD’s decisions under the Refund Policy are final and binding on Guests and Hosts but do not affect any other rights you may have.
4. CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
In the unfortunate event you should have to cancel your booking, the Cleaning Fee is refundable. Please be aware that the service fees paid are non-refundable. We recommend that you consider purchasing Travel Insurance. Please see below for details.
5. CATASTROPHIC EVENTS & EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS:
If a catastrophe (hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood, fire, or wild fire etc.) or any situation simply beyond our control impairs the vacation rental, VROSB is not responsible for finding alternate lodging for the renter or for the renter’s financial losses related to transportation or alternate lodging. There will be NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR EMERGENCY EVACUATIONS. Therefore, we suggest you consider Travel Protection Insurance to secure your vacation investment and eliminate your financial risk. There will be no refunds of any kind for evacuations.
There will be no refunds or rebates given to Renter as a result of unfortunate circumstances outside of Owner or Agent’s control. For example, Agent and Owner shall not be liable for unfavourable weather, acts of God, disruption of utility services, malfunction or breakdown of appliances, or other equipment such as TVs, or DVD players.